- This website is intended for general patient information and educational purposes only. This website does not provide medical advice or professional services. The information provided on this website should not be used for diagnosing or treating symptoms or diseases. This website is not a substitute for seeing a healthcare professional and if you have a health issue or concern, please schedule an appointment with your preferred healthcare provider.
- If you think you are having a medical emergency, please call 9-1-1 immediately.
- The goal of this website is to provide quality health information. We have made every effort to provide accurate and comprehensive information that will be useful to users.
Notice of Privacy Practices
Louisiana Eye & Laser is committed to maintaining the privacy of each patient and your protected health information (PHI). We create records for each patient, detailing the treatment and services provided. We are required by law to maintain the confidentiality of health information that is specific to you. We are also required by law to provide you with this notice of our legal duties and the privacy practices in maintaining your PHI. By federal and Louisiana state law, we must follow the terms of the notice of privacy practices that are in effect at the time of your care.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) can be complicated. Our practice will post a copy of our current HIPAA in our offices in a visible location at all times, and you may request a copy of our most current notice at any time.
We must provide you with the following information:
- How we may use and disclose your protected health information
- Your privacy rights regarding your protected health information
- Our obligations concerning the use and disclosure of your protected health information
For more information regarding your health privacy, please visit the US Department of Health & Human Services.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your protected health information, please contact our business office in Alexandria at 318-445-7745.